The engagement of this project has ended
7 months ago
1) Do you agree that the existing walking routes shown (solid red line) are currently suitable for walking?
There are none
It is unclear
4) Do you agree with the proposed new routes for walking and cycling (dashed blue line)?
Moorland Road, Carlisle St and Habershon St, are often congested, and at peak times this gets worse. There are cars parked on both sides, these belong mainly to residents so need to somewhere given that the majority of houses in the area don't have off road parking. Something needs to be done to tackle double parking especially on splott road..
7) Do you agree with the proposals in the schedule of schemes for this ward?
No lines are visiable
2) Do you agree that the existing cycling routes shown (solid blue line) are currently suitable for cycling?
No lines are visible. Many cycle lanes end abruptly without warning pushing cyclists into the path of cars or pedestrians.
3) Do you agree with the proposed new routes for walking (dashed red line)?
Look ok, as long as cost doest detract from maintainance of existing pavements
Great idea but most of these routes currently have at least one row of parking making them hard to pass - introduction of blue segregated cycle lanes would be brilliant but they will need policing - cars need to go somewhere and currently they ignore the double yellows lines so why would they respect cycle lanes!
5) Are there additional routes for walking (existing or proposed) that you think should be shown on the map?
If yes, please provide details below:
Maintainance / widening of pavements to create safe routes to shops in or outside of the area eg Splott road, Newport Road, Clifton street.
6) Are there additional routes for cycling (existing or proposed) that you think should be shown on the map?
Please comment, including the relevant scheme reference number(s) in your comments:
Not sure why the walking focus seems to be to schools - would be good to consider waking routes to shops in or outside of the area eg Splott road, Newport Road, Clifton street.
8) Are there any additional schemes you think should be included in the schedule of schemes?
Please comment, including location information:
It’s unclear of moorland road is included in the scheme for cycling but there needs to be a path between Beresford road bridge and east Tyndall street. The quieter roads would be railway, lady margaret, killcatton.
9) Do you have any other comments on the Draft Active Travel Network Map for Cardiff?
Have planner been to these sites to see how they are already congested and considered the impact of changes on surrounding street eg Moorland/Habershon are already busy and there are more cycle friendly routes where a cycle path could go.
I don't walk in Splott
I cycle down Splott Road every day. The road is wide and drivers double park there. They don't worry about driving in the opposite direction to park in front of their favourite shops. It's really dangerous for cyclists. I also often don't get the right of way from drivers who try to turn to Splott Rd or cross it from Carlisle Street and Walker Road.
Not sure, I don't use them.
These will be an improvement.
I think that at least the lower part of Splott Rd should be a cycle route connecting the proposed routed with S Park Road. It is the most direct way to Moorland Primary and Willows High School. Some pupils from Willows High School cycle every day.
use the network of parks in Splott & Tremorfa
narrow roads.... where will the parking go if you follow you great city center failure
use the network of parks and low traffic streets
Perhaps a walking route from Splott to an area of nature should be considered, or to a park such as Roath Lake. Splott is very densely populated and very heavily built up. People deserve safe walking and cycling routes that can take them to areas of beauty.