The engagement of this project has ended
8 months ago
5) Are there additional routes for walking (existing or proposed) that you think should be shown on the map?
1) Do you agree that the existing walking routes shown (solid red line) are currently suitable for walking?
If yes, please provide details below:
A greater priority should be given to pedestrians throughout Adamsdown, BUT I doubt your schemes will address any of the actual issues faced by pedestrians in the area
4) Do you agree with the proposed new routes for walking and cycling (dashed blue line)?
3) Do you agree with the proposed new routes for walking (dashed red line)?
6) Are there additional routes for cycling (existing or proposed) that you think should be shown on the map?
2) Do you agree that the existing cycling routes shown (solid blue line) are currently suitable for cycling?
Pavements are uneven and badly cared for. If i hadn't seen the map, I would not have guessed many of these were being classed as pedestrian routes! More crossings are needed, especially along Newport Road. Too much priority is given to vehicles.
Cyclists are already using paths even where cycle lanes exist. Unless properly set up and maintained, this will just make paths more dangerous for pedestrians as cyclists will avoid areas that are not properly maintained (see for example the constantly flooded areas of Newport Road). I expect there will be an increase in cycle traffic and therefore a decrease in pedestrian safety UNLESS existing issues with paths, roads etc. are resolved first.
More pedestrian priority routes need to be created and maintained in a way that keeps pedestrians safe. This isn't being done on the existing routes shown, why would I think new routes being marked would be any different?
7) Do you agree with the proposals in the schedule of schemes for this ward?
8) Are there any additional schemes you think should be included in the schedule of schemes?
9) Do you have any other comments on the Draft Active Travel Network Map for Cardiff?
I think that issues with the roads and pathways through the area need to be looked at before any schemes are put in place. Pavements are uneven, flooded, and covered in leaves. Road drains are always blocked and flooded. Lighting is inadequate in out of the way areas. Gritting isn't properly carried out in winter. I live on one of the routes you are proposing adding a cycle path to and can confirm it will flood. This will add to existing bike traffic on pavements if people are being encouraged to cycle the route. I am already sick of almost being knocked down by bikes.
9 months ago
It would be great to have a cycle route down through Newport road or Broadway, but I don’t know how you could do this with the traffic that goes down here - broadway is full of parked cars and Newport road is already too busy
I don’t see any
Broadway is quite dangerous for cycling due to the amount of parked cars and the road is narrow
All streets should be safe walking routes
Poor lighting, many loose slabs, logs of surface water in rain
What is a walking route? Shouldn't all streets be maintained and safe?
Again... All streets should be well let, cleaned, well drained and flat secure surfacing
Please comment, including location information:
Would love to see improved drainage in the area
There are currently no solid red lines
There are currently no solid blue lines
Yes they would be very beneficial